1 hr. Naloxone Hydrochloride (NARCAN)-Freeport
Member's Fee: $0
Non-Member & Civilian Fee: $0
COURSE CONTENT: Officers will learn the following
· What are opioids and how do they work?
· Overview of opioid drug overdose.
· Other drugs that can cause drug overdose.
· Risk factors for opioid drug overdose.
· Signs of opioid drug overdose.
· What is naloxone and how is it to be used and stored.
· Steps to take when responding to an opioid drug overdose.
· Complications that may occur in overdose prevention and how to handle them.
· The importance of abstinence and how to support access to treatment for drug problems.
· Important elements of the Drug Overdose Prevention Program.
Note- This activity does not certify/recertify for CPR
This class is part of a program to train and distribute Narcan kits to first responders. Attendance at this training may make you eligible to receive Narcan kits for no charge through the program.
Contact Brandice Howell at Sinnissippi Centers (Dixon office) to register for this training. If you want to schedule a separate training session for your agency please contact Brandice.
Overdose Prevention Specialist
Office 815-284-6611 ext. 298
Sinnissippi Centers, Inc.