Computer Investigations-Field Search Software- Peoria
Member's Fee: $0
Non-Member & Civilian Fee: $325
National Law Enforcement & Corrections Center (NLECTC) has established a group of Nationally Certified Field Search Instructors to deliver this training. Confront offenders immediately with discovered (pre-viewed) digital evidence while on scene (deployed from a USB drive). Collect evidence and build a court worthy report of your findings. A great tool for the non-technical user. All students will receive a licensed copy of this software in class. No hidden costs- or- re-occurring software fee’s. Students will be able to use the tools in the field by the end of the class. 15,000+ distributions of Field Search Software have occurred throughout the U.S. Government/ Law Enforcement community.
This innovative one-day class provides all the following:
- Learn how to search the offender’s computer using the latest proven technology.
- Designed for all levels of users, the novice to the experienced (taught in Microsoft Windows).
- Students receive a 4GB USB drive with newest version of “Field Search Software” Pre-installed
- (Hands on) Our mobile computer lab case studies include: Financial Crimes, Counterfeiting, Homicide investigation, Arson, Bombings, Sex Offender Monitoring and URL search recovery.
- Additional free open source tools for viewing Meta-Data, GEO-Tag Tracing, Hash Analysis, Wi-FiLocator, etc. Extensive collection of literature library included.
- Learn how to recover pictures, videos, internet records, chat history, and other important artifacts.
- Analyze: CD’s, USB’s, external storage devices, cell phone/ digital camera SD cards, hard drive, etc. ❖ Software works on both Windows and Macintosh computers-Reports save as PDF’s., Word, Excel.
- Well organized and court worthy reports are generated automatically for courtroom presentation.
- Keyword Search tool allows an investigator look for email addresses, victim names and telephone numbers, credit card, or account numbers, etc. (Search Windows Versions: ME, XP, 7, 8 & 10).
- Templates/procedures for submitting identified child pornography images to NCMEC/ Project Vic.
Students should bring a lap top computer to class, or reserve one when registering
Partial funding provided by Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board and MTU#1’s request for certification of this course has been approved by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board
Step 1 Register on the MTU1 website.
Step 2 Call: 1-815-245-8476 (Deborah)- You must tell them you are an MTU1 member agency & forward the invoice to MTU1 to have your tuition covered.
Agencies will be charged the $325.00 tuition for “No Shows”
THIS IS NOT A PUBLIC MEETING