Primal Leadership: Learning to Lead with Emotional Intelligence-Dixon
Members' Fee: $0
Sworn Non-Members' Fee: $85
Non-Members' Fee: $85
PRIMAL LEADERSHIP: LEARNING TO LEAD WITH EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
Based on the New York Times best seller, Daniel Goleman addresses the resounding
need for leaders & employees to embody Emotional Intelligence (EQ) skills.. This
class discusses the four EQ cores, that when practiced with diligent commitment,
move, motivate, & lead at every level of your agency. Never before has the need
been greater from the inside-out to support & sustain Officer and civilian morale.
The instructor will clarify & discuss with class participation:
1. The cores of Emotional Intelligence:
Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Social Awareness, Relationship Management
2. How honing/self-managing each core impacts a Supervisor’s/Commander’s ability
to lead & develop their subordinates.
3. Recognizing & managing manipulative behaviors in self & others that erode internal
healthy professional relationships that negatively impact Officers with the public.
4. EQ skills leaders need to build & sustain subordinate morale in these difficult times
to constructively debrief towards increasing public human civility & professionalism.
5. Assessing Police past public practices towards building best/present practices to
invest in & increase community trust in the Police.
Supervisors & Commanders will do group work to discuss common scenarios & conflicts
& how to use EQ skills to invest in Officer development.
This class is taught by Jan Mirikitani. Jan has been a law enforcement and government trainer for 31 years. She has ridden thousands of hours with Police Officers. Her
teaching is genuine, honest, & realistic, making all material applicable & accountable
to the Department’s mission & public trust.