4 hr. Mandatory Firearms Training (PA90-626) Waiver
Member's Fee: $0
Non-Member & Civilian Fee: $100
CONTACT email@example.com If you need to register someone for this class.
Only those individuals pre-approved by Board staff are eligible to attend this special course. Mobile Team Units, as directed by Board staff, (as a condition of Board waiver), will conduct the written MFT exam and MFT range fire qualification to the Board approved officer and will send in the required Board paperwork.
Officers will be given one opportunity to pass the MFT written exam and three chances to qualify with their service weapon, if they fail to pass the written exam and/or the qualification, they may have to complete the entire 40-Hour MFT course.
Students must provide the following equipment:
- Duty handgun - 3 magazines
- Duty belt & all related gear
- Eye protection - Mandatory!
- Hearing protection
- Cleaning kit for handgun
Handgun: 100 rounds (suggest 150) - Factory new or commercially re-manufactured ONLY!
Required paperwork to enroll in the course
- · ILETSB waiver letter
- · “Course Enrollment” form
- · Signed Indemnification Agreement
- · Proof of Liability Coverage (Certificate of Liability Insurance from agency)
NOTICE: All weapons and ammunition will be inspected at the start of this class. If significant malfunctions occur, which the Lead Instructor determines are caused by a faulty weapon or ammunition, the student will be required to replace the defective gun, or ammunition, before continuing with the class. It is strongly recommended that officers train and qualify with the handgun that they will carry on duty.
REGISTRATION: All documents can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 815-288-6787. Originals need to be mailed to the office.
Firearm Qualification Course-of-Fire
1. Target Scoring Area: 8 1/2 x 14-inch overlay/center mass of target. The defined firearm types are: Semi-auto/Revolver handgun; minimum capacity 5 rounds
2. For Duty Handgun Qualification, all stages of fire will commence from a secured holster. A passing score is 70% = 21 hits on center mass.
3. Where indicated below, the word "DRAW" requires the shooter to withdraw the handgun from a secured holster on the command to fire. The word "PRESENT" means that the shooter has the handgun in the shooting hand in low ready (depressed muzzle) position and stands ready for the command to fire under the following conditions:
5 Yard line — Total of 12 rounds
Stage I Draw/Present and fire 2 rounds in 6 seconds
Stage 2 Draw/Present and fire 2 rounds in 6 seconds
Stage 3 Draw/Present and fire 2 rounds in 6 seconds
Stage 4 Draw/Present and fire 2 rounds in 6 seconds
Stage 5 Draw/Present and fire 2 rounds in 6 seconds
Stage 6 Draw/Present and fire 2 rounds in 6 seconds
Shooters will reload without command as needed between stages of fire.
7 Yard line Total of 12 rounds
Stage 7 Draw/Present and fire 3 rounds in 7 seconds
Stage 8 Draw/Present and fire 3 rounds in 7 seconds
Stage 9 Draw/Present and fire 3 rounds in 7 seconds
Stage 10 Draw/Present and fire 3 rounds in 7 seconds
15 Yard line -- Total of 6 rounds
Stage I I Draw/Present and fire 3 rounds in 10 seconds
Stage 12 Draw/Present and fire 3 rounds in 10 seconds
**stage 12 (optional) 25 Yard line-Draw/Present and fire 3 rounds in 15 seconds (in lieu of the second 10 second /three round string at 15 yards)
The above course-of-fire is the minimum standard required.
(Source: Added at 30 Ill. Reg. 7925, effective April I l, 2006)