16 hr. Telecommunicator Supervisor Training-Freeport
Member's Fee: $0
Non-Member & Civilian Fee: $85
Class dates: April 30 & May 1, 2019
COURSE CONTENT: This program defines leadership influence & the differences between leadership, management, & supervision. It defines five leadership style & how each matter, depending upon the work goals & circumstances. It clarifies the assertive communication skills necessary for clear delegation & 360-degree follow-up. It identifies toxic aggressive communication patterns & behaviors that contribute to workplace harassment & hostile work environment, & the Supervisor’s role & duty.
It discusses a Supervisor’s responsibilities for keeping their Commander/Manager apprised. Participants will practice assertive coaching, correction, & written documentation based on Supervisor observation, regular audio tape review, & de-briefing. It provides tools for conflict resolution between employees.
This course addresses how telecommunication supervisors are responsible for how their subordinates interact on the phone & radio with the public at large, elected officials, municipal employees, fire, ambulance, & outside municipality officials. It addresses the Supervisor’s role in how their employees interact with their own Officers, Supervisors, & Command.
This course discusses morale & motivation, & how leading from the front impact both.
Telecommunicator supervisors will be able to define & discuss:
1. How supervision, management, & leadership differ.
2. Verbal & nonverbal assertive communication skills
3. Aggressive toxic employee communication patterns & behaviors
4. Supervisor role in disallowing workplace harassment & hostile work environment
5. Methods for 360-degree delegation
6. The significance of earned trust & credibility on employee morale
7. Ways to develop the leader within you
8. What it means to lead from the front