News- previous articles
ILETSB -Requiring Electronically Submitted Forms3/1/2018 4:01:00 PM
Changes are being made to how a number of forms are being processed at the ILETSB office. ILETSB is taking the necessary steps to move away from paper and toward electronic submissions and record maintenance.
This will enable ILETSB to better serve law enforcement around the state, as well as to maintain accurate and complete records.
Effective March 1, 2018, ILETSB will be accepting electronically submitted Narcotic Detection Canine Certification Report Forms (Initial and Annual) and Lead Homicide Investigator Recertification Forms as the primary method of submission.
This new protocol will reduce staff time, allow for records to be shared by the entire organization, and most importantly, ensure retention of permanent records. The process for receiving, retaining, and responding to those electronic applications is as follows:
- Locate Narcotic Detection Canine Certification Report Forms (Initial and Annual) on the ILETSB website under the “Resources” tab on the splash page, selecting “Forms & Information” from the drop down box, and scrolling to the “General Forms” section of the page, until you find “Narcotic Detection Canine Training Report Form (Annual)” or “Narcotic Detection Canine Training Report Form (Initial)”
- Locate Lead Homicide Investigator Recertification Form on the ILETSB website under the “Resources” tab on the splash page, selecting “Forms & Information” from the drop down box, and scrolling to the “Lead Homicide Investigator” section of the page, until you find “LHI Recertification Form”. Find forms here
- Submit the form and any scanned supporting documentation via email to PTB.Applications@illinois.gov
- If any supporting material is lacking, or additional clarification is required, those questions will be directed, via email, to the email address from which the original form was submitted. This will ensure ILETSB will have a permanent record of a single communication string
- Recertification letters will be provided electronically to the email address provided by the form submitter
Posted In: Uncategorized, back to News- previous articles