On-LINE Corrections Specific Training Program
CORRECTIONS SPECIFIC TRAINING PROGRAM INFORMATION
The Northwest Illinois Criminal Justice Commission offers Corrections specific training for the staff of county agencies participating in the Corrections One (Lexipol) On-Line Training System.
How to Participate in this training: This is an N.I.C.J.C. enhanced membership opportunity requiring a tuition fee for each agency’s participation. The topics listed on the Corrections Future Training Courses page will be “certified” by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training & Standards Board (I.L.E.T.S.B.). Corrections staff with a PTB number will have this training credit added to their record as viewed on the I.L.E.T.S.B. “LEDI” system.
Course Topics- Any course scheduled for more than six months out may be substituted with a different course if enough Jail Administrators; or designee make a request for that topic in the training catalog. The Corrections One catalog is large and participating agencies are encouraged to send requests for a specific training to be added to the future schedule, or as an additional training specific to their agency only to be delivered much sooner.
Any county agency in Illinois may participate in this NICJC training opportunity, if it is not offered by their home MTU. Contact the N.I.C.J.C. for additional information.
The NICJC (MTU1) has its own portal on the Corrections One Academy website, which allows the following:
MTU1 assigns training topics each month per planned/advertised schedule
- The classes are submitted for certification by the ILETSB, with no state mandates requested
- There is a 30-day timeframe for completion of each class
Monthly Training Assignments
When assigned by MTU1, all participants receive an email notification for each class
- The notification will have a direct link to the training class and shows the deadline
- The system allows for automatic participant reminders – (3) & (1) days prior to deadline
- Classes have built in quizzes
Training Certificates/ Training Record on LEDI
Because of the volume of monthly users and the functionality of the MTU’s state supplied record system, we are not planning to send state certificates to agencies
- MTU1 will send agencies a monthly one-page listing of who completed each training
- When an Officer completes a training, they should print the Corrections One certificate and turn it in to their agency for tracking
- Training records are uploaded by MTU1 and attached to an officers LEDI record at the end of each class
- Agencies need to verify their firewall does not block emails from CorrectionsOne Academy