Motorcyle Gang Investigations-Rockford
Member's Fee: $0
Non-Member & Civilian Fee: $85
This Class has been moved to Rockford
This course provides the officers with the basic knowledge of the history of the major biker gangs in the United States organizational structure, colors, and different patch meanings. Gang violence trends, associate gangs, and officer safety issues are addressed.
The Training Provides:
1. Officers with the tools needed to identify motorcycle gang members by their uniforms
- Gang identification, hangouts, affiliations
2. Develop an understanding of the gang history, where they came from and where they are going today
- Profiles, history, organization, and networks
3. Understanding of the process of becoming a 1% gang member
4. History of the violence between rivals
- Prostitution, insurance fraud, homicide, extortion, assaults for hire, targeting suburbs for designer drug distribution, - Recent incursions into drug manufacturing and trafficking
5. Familiarity with the Officer Safety issues involved in encounters with 1% gang members and their supporters
6. Road stop weapons and safety considerations
- The role of "biker women" in criminal activities
- How to conduct a traffic stop on solo riders and groups
7. Intelligence, enforcement, and investigative recommendations
8. Understanding of the difference between criminal and civilian groups.
- Understanding traditional organized crime and white supremacy group ties to motorcycle gangs
Jim Duffy retired as an Investigator for the DuPage County State’s Attorney Office in December 2018. He was a member of the Dupage County Auto Theft Task Force for many years. He previously retired as a patrol Sergeant from the Bensenville Police Department in 2001 with 26 years. Jim has been involved with Motorcycle Gangs since 1996 after the West Side Chapter, Chicago Outlaws opened a clubhouse in Bensenville. Jim is a member of both Midwest Cycle Intelligence Organization and International Outlaw Motorcycle Gang Investigators Assoc. He teaches motorcycle gangs for patrol officers and certified gang officers. Jim was certified as a motorcycle gang expert in McHenry County, Ill during a case against the Outlaws MC in 2014.