Advanced Field Training Workshop-CANCELED
Member's Fee: $0
Non-Member & Civilian Fee: $85
This Class has been Canceled
Synopsis: This Field Trainers’ Workshop focuses on emerging FTO challenges during a time when Departments are in great manning needs. Those challenges include: building a professional relationship to support agency mission & policies, training highly qualified laterals and political unmotivated retirees, time on does not equal critical thinking, or decision-making skills, self-debriefing, providing factually complete feedback in person & on daily observation reports.
Learning Objectives: class participants will discuss & practice:
Topics to be discussed include:
1. Building the Field Training relationship standards to support mission & policies.
2. Training lateral hires who are highly qualified & motivated
3. Training a retired unmotivated officer from another agency (political appointee).
4. Teaching/coaching decision-making: past/de-briefing, present/intuitive, forward
5. Teaching the probationer to factually de-brief self & situation (previously occurred)
6. Providing realistic, assertive, factually constructive feedback for developing this
probationer or if necessary, for discipline to dismissal.
7. Documenting DORs without partiality or prejudice.