Members' Fee: $0
Sworn Non-Members' Fee: $85
Non-Members' Fee: $85
PURPOSE OF COURSE: This 8-hour program has been designed to help Officers identify and cultivate a strong moral code that leads to ethical behavior.
COURSE OVERVIEW: The primary focus of the course will be to provide practical skills that the student can use to aid in ethical behavior and decision-making.
COURSE GOALS: The goals of this course are to:
1. Discuss the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics (IACP).
2. Identify the importance of a moral code on ethical behavior.
3. Discuss ethical dilemmas faced by officers daily.
4. Apply the ethical decision-making process in evaluating options.
5. Engage in active role-play and practice ethical behavior.
6. Use case studies to discuss ethical dilemmas and identify ways of avoiding unethical
7. Discuss practical application of any policy, ordinance, or law on ethical behavior as required.
James Wagner and Associates, LLC provides training and consulting services to police agencies nationwide. James Wagner is the owner and President of James Wagner and Associates. He has over 30 years of law enforcement experience and has been a police instructor since 1991. James was responsible for managing training, crime prevention, community relations, public information, and research and development for 14 years at a large suburban Sheriff’s Office. James is a graduate of Northwestern’s School of Police Staff and Command Session #233 and the FBI’s National Academy Session #235.