Sex Offender Registration & Restriction Enforcement-Distant Learning
Member's Fee: $0
Non-Member & Civilian Fee: $0
Galena Police Dept.: 311 N. Bench Street Galena, IL
Morrison Police Dept.: 200 W Main St. Morrison, IL
Ogle County Sheriff's Office: 202 S 1st St. Oregon, IL
Note-Ocotber 4, 2017 the Instructor location was changed to the Ogle County Sheriff's office in Oregon, IL. The Dixon classroom will not be used for this class.
COURSE CONTENT: The primary focus of this course is to show students how to proactively use sex offender registration and restriction violations as an intelligence and street level enforcement tool. This program will provide students with a standardized approach to conducting address verification checks and investigating sex offender complaints within their communities while addressing problems or issues specifically related to sex offender registration or restriction investigations.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Sex offender terminology
- Sex offender and violent offender terminology in Illinois
- The application of sex offender registration violations at the federal level
- The sex offender and violent offender registration process and forms
- Notification issues and special considerations regarding sex offenders
- Health care provider issues (HIPAA)
- Illinois Department of Human Services programs
- Notification to school officials and other aspects of community notification and record keeping
REGISTRATION: All registrations are received on the MTU#1 website.
If you are registering for a distant learning class, you must access the registration via the training calendar. The calendar view will allow you to first select which classroom the officer(s) are attending.
Find Registration instructions here
THIS IS NOT A PUBLIC MEETING